A laser level is one of the most useful composition tools, whether you’re working on a construction site or at home. Laser Levels are modern and the most precise tools that help you correctly measure the vertical or horizontal axis. They come in two categories, manual and automatic.
Automatic laser levels come in handy as they can perfectly align the axis removing the slightest margin of error. Electricians require such tools daily as they want to install wires and would love them to stay aligned with the wall.
With so many laser levels available on the internet, it is hard to find an exceptional one. These laser levels must be precise in calculation; otherwise, a slight error in angle can cause problems. You can check a laser level at a local store and bring it home, but purchasing it online is complicated.
You’ll wait for weeks for the product to arrive; if it is not satisfactory, you have to return it and again wait for weeks for the new product to arrive. Waiting this long is frustrating, and searching for the best laser levels will take hours.
Do not worry; we found the best laser levels for electricians through our research. They are solidly constructed, have a long lifespan, and measure precisely.
- 1 The 5 Best Laser Levels for Electricians
- 2 Bosch Professional Laser Level GCL 2-50 G
- 3 Huepar 3 x 360 Cross Line Laser Level
- 4 Bosch Professional 12V System Laser Level
- 5 DEWALT 2-Way Self Levelling Cross Line Green Beam Laser
- 6 DEWALT Self Levelling Multi Line 3 x 360 Degrees Green Beam Laser
- 7 Buying Guide for the Best Laser Level for Electricians
- 8 FAQs
- 9 Conclusion
The 5 Best Laser Levels for Electricians
- Bosch Professional Laser Level GCL 2-50 G – Highly Robust
- Huepar 3 x 360 Cross Line Laser Level – All-in-one Laser Level
- Bosch Professional 12V System Laser Level – Comes in a Toolbox
- DEWALT 2-Way Self Levelling Cross Line Green Beam Laser – Small and Compact
- DEWALT Self Levelling Multi Line 3 x 360 Degrees Green Beam Laser – Best for Self Levelling
Here is a detailed look at each product:
Bosch Professional Laser Level GCL 2-50 G
- HIGHLY ROBUST: The laser level is jobsite-ready, with IP64 dust and splash water protection and robust housing, the device is very durable and suitable for rough conditions
- EASY-TO-USE INTERFACE: The line laser has a simplified interface which is easy to use, including an on/off switch, a single-button keypad to toggle through laser configurations, and an always-activated receiver mode
- ENHANCED VISIBILITY AND ACCURATE RESULTS: The GCL 2-50 G line level with bright green horizontal and vertical laser lines and two green plumb points offers high visibility. The laser level delivers precise results within ± 0.3 mm/m* for laser lines and ±0.7 mm/m* for plumb points
- STUD ALIGNMENT: The device can also be used for stud alignment with the RM 10 mount, which can be positioned above metal studs
- ITEMS INCLUDED: Laser level GCL 2-50 G, 4x AA batteries, RM 10 mount, ceiling clamp DK 10, laser target plate, pouch and carrying case
It is important to note that these laser levels should operate on batteries, which is something most people overlook. You can’t expect to take a cord everywhere you go, not to mention that electricity is unavailable at most sites. Since a laser level only fires the red or green laser, it can easily spend hours on a normal-sized battery.
The Bosch Professional Laser Level takes four AA batteries, making it a portable and easy-to-carry laser level. It will fire a direct laser beam on the wall in front, and as it makes an accurate laser level, you can follow the laser to draw lines.
Set it up on a tripod, turn it on, and you’re good to go. It will fire horizontal and vertical lasers; you’ll have a straight angle in front of you. Make sure the surface is flat, as an uneven surface will alter the results. You can use a tripod with the vertical horizon stability option to remove the problems with non-flat surfaces.
Highly Robust: The Bosch Professional Laser Level is job site ready, take it anywhere you want and use it whenever you want. This self leveling laser level is very durable and suitable for rough use. It even has IP64 water splash and dust protection to use in the rain or on a construction site with lots of dust.
Easy-to-use Interface: This laser levelling tool has quite a straightforward interface; there is nothing more than a couple of buttons that you can use to fire the laser. One key to toggle through laser configuration, and the receiver mode is permanently active. You can change the laser range and size via the configuration settings.
Enhanced Visibility: The bright green horizontal and vertical lines offer high visibility. Even in bright daylight, you’ll be able to see them. Even the two green plumb points are bright enough to be seen from a distance. However, you need to keep the batteries charged; otherwise, the lasers will get weak, and you might not see them correctly in harsh daylight.
Stud Alignment: This laser level has a measurement feature if the height is insufficient or you want to make sure all the studs are aligned. With the RM 10 mount, which is also available in the box, you can position it above the metal studs and see if they are aligned or not. It’s not a very nifty feature, but it can come in handy in some places.
- Easy to assemble
- Cross line laser level
- The green laser line is very clear
- The manual is available in the box for extra help
- A bit expensive
- The laser glass is quite delicate
Huepar 3 x 360 Cross Line Laser Level
- 【3 X 360 WITH FLOOR LINE LASER】: This laser tool projects one 360°horizontal floor laser line for tiling installation at a 10mm distance. With the lifting base, the 360°floor laser can raise from the surface to project over and travel past uneven surfaces or obstructions between 2.6cm and 8cm height.Two vertical lines cross at 90°angles makes user quickly visualize and finish square layout. This 360 laser level is a complete tool for covering the floor, wall, ceiling all around the room.
- 【MULTIFUNCTIONAL LASER TOOL】: The remote control enables to select three 360°laser lines individually at a distance up to 33Ft/10m. With smart pendulum, this laser tool self levels and indicates out-of-level condition while pendulum unlocked. The laser tool will beep as a reminder when out of self-leveling range ±4°. Once pendulum locked, it switches to manual mode to lock lines for use at any angle. Pulse mode extends laser range up to 200Ft/60m with Huepar Laser Receiver.
- 【DUAL POWER METHODS&TYPE-C PORT】: Huepar laser tool employed large capacity lithium battery (can be purchased easily at local market) for 6 hours use with all beams on. An extra battery is included for backup. Besides, this laser tool can be used at job site by plugged in when take out the battery. With Type-C charging port, the laser level can also be charged by phone, laptop, power bank, car charger, etc. Users can charge the battery independently with the battery charger included.
- 【MAGNETIC BRACKET&MOUNTING THREADS】: The strong magnetic bracket allows for quick positioning to metal surfaces, helping hang the laser level for wall applications. The four fine-tuning knobs on the bracket can adjust the left and right position, front and back position within 4.8 inch (12cm) and the vertical angle against the wall. The laser tool comes with a 5/8"-11 female to 1/4"-20 male thread adapter as well as the 1/4"-20 mount thread to suit for standard tripod or pole mount.
- 【DURABLE DESIGN&KIT CONTENTS】: Over-molded metal laser window withstands tough job site conditions and can be removed and replaced with a screwdriver. The kit comes with a hard carry case bringing much more convenience to carry and store the laser tool. The kit also includes 2 Li-ion batteries, magnetic bracket, lifting base, remote control, battery charger, type-c power cord, steel sheet, power adapter, 5/8"-11 thread adapter, laser target plate, user manual.
If you want an all-in-one laser level, the Huepar 3 x 360 Cross Line is the best for you. This is not an easy-to-use laser level, so be careful while choosing. You might need to look at the manual multiple times to operate it. However, once you get a grip, this laser level can help you easily angle even the most tricky places.
The Huepar 3 x 360 Cross Line can cover your entire room instead of just one wall. Use its 360-degree vertical and horizontal laser beam to measure every side of your room. Three laser lines will spread out in the room, helping you quickly visualise the area and finish the square layout.
Multi-power System: While using direct power or rechargeable AA batteries, this green laser level also uses a rechargeable Li-ion battery. That is not the best part; if you run out of batteries, you can use four AA alkaline batteries to keep the machine working. The 2600mAh large capacity battery can keep it running for hours so that you can work at peace.
On the other hand, it also takes direct power, so if you have electricity on-site, you can use it instead of batteries. That’ll charge its battery while keeping it functional; the batteries won’t overcharge, so feel free to keep the power connected even when the batteries are fully charged.
Multifunctional Laser Tool: You can use the vertical and horizontal lasers simultaneously, or you can use them individually. The green lasers will spread across the area, giving each wall a precise angle. However, you’ll need to keep an eye on the laser detector as it might confuse you when covering a wide area.
Easy Configuration: You can configure lasers according to your laser level projects, so you don’t have to use the laser level a lot. This feature works like a preset where the lasers will alter their angle based on your project. It also has a self-levelling laser level like those available in Pacific laser systems.
Outdoor Pulse Mode: The Huepar will fire a bright green laser in a vertical and horizontal line that is clearly visible in daylight. Besides the green laser, the outdoor pulse mode extends the laser range from 85 ft to 200 ft. The company knows that people working outside have to correct levels from far away; hence, they introduced this model.
- 7 hours backup time
- IP54 protection for shock, dust, and water
- Durable design
- Highly visible laser lines
- Achieve precise measurements
- Self-levelling feature
- A bit complicated to use without manual
Bosch Professional 12V System Laser Level
- UP TO x4 BETTER VISIBILITY: With green laser technology, the GLL 3-80 CG line level delivers up to 4x better visibility than red laser lines
- SIMULTANEOUS HORIZONTAL AND VERTICAL LEVELLING: Complete parallel work on floors, ceilings, and walls with the one horizontal and two vertical lines
- CAL GUARD MONITORING: The Red LED light alerts users to possible calibration errors, which can be viewed in detail using the smartphone app
- SIMPLY CONNECTED: Use the Levelling Remote App, a Bluetooth-connected smartphone app, for remote-control use and contactless adjustment
- ITEMS INCLUDED: Laser level GLL 3-80 CG, 1 x 2.0 Ah 12 V battery, quick charger, universal mount BM 1, laser target plate, pouch and L-BOXX
Here is another product from Bosch Professional, but this is very different from the one we mentioned above. This laser level comes in a toolbox, making it easy to carry. Instead of four batteries, it takes only two batteries to work. That reduces the laser beam range, but it stays pretty visible up to 30 metres.
You can choose to get it with the 12v battery or without a battery. It can run on two AA batteries, but it is recommended that you get one from the manufacturer. The batteries provided by the company are of high quality, and they will last longer than local batteries.
Smartphone App: The best feature of this laser level is a dedicated smartphone app. You can check the calibration levels, and the smartphone app will warn you if there is an error. Set up the laser level and control everything from the app. You don’t even have to touch a button to configure anything.
The best part about the app is the warning system; even if there is an error, the app will notify you. For example, if the tripod moves a little and the alignment is out of sync, but you can’t notice it with your eye, the app will trigger the alarm sound.
Simultaneous Levelling: Instead of levelling the horizontal and vertical lines individually, you can do them together. This helps you save time by covering broad areas quickly as you can mark the desired points. However, you’ll need to wait a little while as the device takes time to connect to the app, and then the app takes some time to calibrate everything.
Instead of four lines, this laser level uses three horizontal and two vertical lines. This helps you precisely measure the horizontal line as you won’t get confused between two lines angling up to find the right spot.
Precise Accuracy: The accuracy levels of Bosch Professional 12V are the most accurate among all the laser levels in this article. Since it relies on an app to measure the accuracy, you can easily detect if there is a measurement error. You can use the manual measurement option in the app if the surface is not straight or you want a different angle to check.
Universal Magnetic Mount: There is no need to buy a specific tripod to attach this laser level as it comes with a universal magnetic wall bracket.
- Easy to use
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Value for money
- Perfect for dry liner
- Easy to see daytime
- It is a bit heavier despite its small size
DEWALT 2-Way Self Levelling Cross Line Green Beam Laser
- Accuracy: +/- 3mm 10m. Self-levelling cross line laser is accurate to 0.3 mm/m in levelling applications
- Full-time pulse mode allows use with detector. Works with DE0892G detector up to the distance of 50 metres
- IP54 - debris/water resistant with over moulded housing and thick glass that protects the tool and helps maintain calibration under jobsite conditions
- Integrated magnetic pivoting base with 1/4" thread for use with tripod the Built in magnetic pivot bracket mounts easily on metal surfaces
- Battery life indicator and includes 3 x AA batteries for 16 hours runtime. Detector compatible - full time pulse 165 feet range
DEWALT is a well-known brand for making the highest quality laser level. Since they offer additional power tools, their prices might get higher. However, the DEWALT laser level is the best if you want an all-in-one laser level. The company also provides a free solid case, so you can travel easily and the product won’t get damaged.
It only requires 3 AA batteries to run this, and it lasts around 16 hours with all the lasers running. Another best part about this is its weight. It is only 550g, allowing you to use it with a lightweight tripod. This could have been the best Dewalt laser level, but it lacks some features.
Battery Life Indicator: It is difficult to keep checking the battery life while working on the site. Things will get complicated if the battery runs out and you don’t have a spare one. While some laser levels work with direct power, it is still necessary to have a battery indicator built into a laser level.
The DEWALT laser level comes with a battery indicator that shows the battery percentage instead of levels. Moreover, it warns you when the laser level needs a break so you can turn it off.
Integrated Magnetic Pivoting Base: There is no need to purchase or attach an external pivot base as this laser level comes with one. The magnetic base allows you to connect it to any metal bar to measure the levels more accurately.
This magnetic base comes in handy when working on a site that doesn’t have stable ground or when working at heights. Wind can knock down the tripod, or little shakes can change the angle that most people won’t notice on the spot.
Bundle Package Available for Discount: You won’t only need a laser level on the site; there are tons of other tools required too. DEWALT keeps that in mind and offers a bundle package at a cheaper rate, so you can get a DEWALT laser level, an angle grinder, an oscillating multi-tool, and additional laser receivers that work simultaneously with the primary receiver.
On the other hand, you can choose which products you want in the bundle, allowing you to get your desired products without paying for them all.
Small and Compact: DEWALT 2-Way laser level is small and light; you can carry it anywhere, and its excellent battery life will help you for a long time. You can even carry it in your pocket if you don’t want to use its case.
- 50 metres laser rage
- Debris and water-resistant
- Laser detector compatible
- Full-Time Pulse 165-Foot Range
- You have to purchase the receiver separately
DEWALT Self Levelling Multi Line 3 x 360 Degrees Green Beam Laser
- 3 X 360° MULTI-LINE SELF SELF-LEVELING Green beam cross lines. Working range of upto 30m, suitable for outdoor applications.
- PRECISION AND ACCURACY: A 150° fan angle cross line with an accuracy of ±3 mm at 10 m for precise leveling applications
- HIGH VERSATILITY: Works with 12V & 10.8V Li-Ion DeWALT battery platform providing a runtime of upto 14 hours
- DURABILITY: Designed to withstand the toughest conditions with an over-molded housing, IP65 rating and 2m drop resistance. Suitable for construction site applications.
- EASE OF USE: Conveniently mount on metal surfaces using the integrated magnetic pivoting base. Included 1/4 in. and 3/4 in. thread for use with tripod.
This is another laser level from DEWALT that is self-levelling and fires three lasers in 360 degrees. This might be the best option if you are looking for the best outdoor laser level. This laser level is made to withstand the toughest conditions, so you can expect it to keep working regardless of rain, fast winds, or dust.
With a battery life of over 14 hours, with all the lasers running at their maximum power, this laser level can project bright and thick laser lights easily visible in bright daylight.
Green Beam Laser Technology: You can adjust the laser visibility and range based on your work. If you are working in the daylight, increase the laser brightness, which can get four times brighter than the average laser level.
Lower the brightness and increase the laser range to cover more area. This kind of versatility makes this laser level a perfect electrician’s laser tool.
Most Accurate Laser Level: Thanks to its self-levelling of multiple lines, this laser level provides the most precision of all others. However, you’ll have difficulty adjusting the accuracy manually if you don’t have much experience before. The best part is that it shows the accurate levels if you want to use more than one laser level. So, while it is working, it also facilitates your other laser levels.
2 Metres Drop Tested: This laser level is built with solid material and can withstand a drop from two metres in height. However, if you use an external protector for the laser head, the body can withstand a drop from five to ten metres.
Adjustment Dial: There is a built-in adjustment dial that you can use to move the laser level on all sides to improve the fine line movement.
- 3 button operation and low battery indication
- Full-time pulse mode allows use with any detector
- 10.8v lithium-ion rechargeable power tool battery
- No AA battery support
Buying Guide for the Best Laser Level for Electricians
Here are a couple of factors you should consider while opting for a laser level. It doesn’t matter whether you are an electrician or someone else; these laser levels serve multiple purposes, and one laser level would be enough for you.
Accuracy: A laser level that cannot provide accurate results is not worth it; even if there is a slight margin of error, it can change your measurements drastically. Ensure to check its description to see how accurate it is.
Moreover, you can check its reviews to learn more about its accuracy. Since some brands offer a sample test, you can check the laser level in the shop and see how accurate its results are.
On the other hand, if the seller won’t allow you to test it, make sure to get an exchange or money-back guarantee.
Manual vs Auto: Auto levels, also known as self-levelling lasers, do most of the work for you. Attach it to a tripod, put it in the room’s centre, and turn it on. It will start the room scan and stabilise itself until it is properly balanced. This might take some time, but you’ll get the precise results without needing to check them.
Manual levels come in handy when you are at a place where the floor is not balanced. Manual laser level also has more battery time as it won’t alert you or keep alleging the lasers.
Green Beam vs Red Beam: Green laser beams are the brightest and most suitable for working in extreme daylight. Red laser beams have more frequency, and you can see them from a far distance. If you work in a vast area, using the red beam will suit you. Moreover, the red beams won’t be as intense as the green laser, so use them when there is less light.
However, the green laser beam works only in smaller areas where you must see the beam to take measurements or correct the angles. Therefore, using a red beam laser level is better if you work with many machines.
Indoor or Outdoor Usage: Our choice of laser level is small because electricians work indoors and don’t want to carry a heavy weight. On the other hand, laser levels that work outdoors in vast places tend to be big since they need to withstand the weather conditions and cover a much larger area.
If you purchase one, make sure to check your usage. For example, go for a light and compact laser level if you work indoors and a big, chunky one if your work is primarily outdoor.
What is the best laser level for electricians?
We mentioned five of the best laser levels for electricians; you can opt for any of them or get an idea from them to get one from your local store or online. However, we think DEWALT 2-Way is the best as it is small, portable, and won’t take up much space in an electrician’s toolbox. Moreover, it has a longer battery life and only requires two AA batteries.
Are laser levels safe?
Laser levels are safe to use, but there are some precautions you need to take while using them. Since lasers are high-intensity lights, pointing them directly at someone’s eye will show adverse side effects. Always turn your laser level off after using it. Don’t let children play with it, and do not point it at pets, drivers, children, or the elderly.
Do I need safety glasses for the laser level?
Not necessarily; you’ll be fine without a pair of glasses while using a laser level. However, avoid staring at it directly and don’t point the laser toward living beings. Moreover, if you use a high-intensity laser level, wear laser safety glasses to avoid getting any radiation from the laser.
A laser level can help you align the angles while you are working on modelling the house. We shared the best laser levels for electricians that are cheap, lightweight, and have extended battery timings.
Always be cautious about your surroundings while using lasers, as people might unintentionally stare at them, which can cause damage to their eyes.