Electric screwdrivers are some of the most necessary tools for electricians and other handymen. While electric screwdrivers do the same job as manual ones, they do allow for more precise tasks. Also, using an electric screwdriver is mostly hassle-free, meaning the worker can save some energy while operating them.
However, an electric screwdriver has a hidden advantage due to the cordless screwdriver variant. So, modern toolmakers utilise powerful lithium-ion batteries to make the best electric screwdrivers. Hence, most cordless screwdrivers use enough battery power so you can stay mobile for a long period.
As a result, cordless electric screwdrivers remove the need for a power outlet near you. Furthermore, these cordless tools can fit in tight spaces and often come with variable speed. In addition, some cordless screwdrivers have a built-in LED light that enables you to work in all conditions.
To provide more context on this subject, we’ll share a few helpful tips regarding the best electric cordless screwdrivers available today.
- 1 The Five Best Cordless Screwdrivers for Electricians
- 2 Bosch GO Professional Cordless Screwdriver
- 3 Kiprim Cordless Screwdriver
- 4 POSENPRO Cordless Screwdriver
- 5 TOUGH MASTER Cordless Screwdriver
- 6 Factors to Consider Before Choosing the Best Cordless Screwdriver
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 8 Conclusion
The Five Best Cordless Screwdrivers for Electricians
To help you choose the best cordless screwdriver for your needs, we reviewed several products and selected the top five.
- Bosch GO Professional Cordless Screwdriver – Editor’s Pick
- Kiprim Cordless Screwdriver – Most Versatile Tool
- POESN PRO Cordless Screwdriver – Best Battery Life
- WORXWX240 Cordless Screwdriver Pen – Most Modern Design
- TOUGH MASTER Cordless Screwdriver – Best Value
Bosch GO Professional Cordless Screwdriver
- Two start options: Press the tool against the material or press the start button to begin
- Easy handling: The cordless screwdriver stops immediately after deactivation via an electronic brake, which ensures less wear of the bit and screw
- Fast and smooth operation: With up to 360 revolutions per minute for a consistently high performance
- Mechanical clutch for higher precision: Select from five torque settings
- Included in Amazon Exclusive: Bosch GO, 25-piece bit set, USB charging cable, L-BOXX Mini with transparent cover
Bosch is a reputed German company that has produced power tools since the late 19th century. The company’s focus on innovation is evident in its best-selling tools, including its cordless screwdrivers.
The Bosch GO cordless screwdriver is an excellent tool that perfectly combines power and good handling. The screwdriver uses lithium-ion batteries that you can quickly recharge using the included USB charger. So, the rechargeable batteries ensure the longevity of this gadget.
In other words, this small cordless screwdriver won’t put you off balance, even when standing on a ladder. Plus, it comes with reliable torque power to quickly get the job done when in drill mode.
The Bosch GO has up to five torque settings, 850 Watts, and 360 RPM for optimal performance. Hence, you can use it for driving screws or adjust it to another drill setting.
On a related note, aside from offering enough power, this cordless model is also very light at only 310 g. Due to such features, many deem it the best cordless screwdriver for electricians.
When you buy the Bosch GO cordless screwdriver, the box also comprises a USB charging adaptor, a 25-piece bit set, and a 3.6-volt lithium-ion battery. In that manner, you’ll complete your kit for any upcoming DIY projects.
- Lightweight and modern design
- Reputable brand
- 3.6-volt lithium-ion battery
- Long battery life
- No integrated LED light
- No right angle handle setting
Kiprim Cordless Screwdriver
- 【ADJUSTBLE TORQUE】Kiprim 4V electric screwdriver is equipped with a three-gears torque, the maximum torque of manual up to 10NB, the maximum torque of electric up to 4NB. It can easily complete your daily screwing work and even small drilling work.
- 【COMES WITH STORAGE BOX】Comes with a high-quality plastic storage box. The storage box is easy to store and prevents the clutter or loss of accessories.
- 【MANUAL SIZE WITH POWERFUL MOTOR】The ergonomic design electric screwdriver has the size of a manual screwdriver. It is compact, light, small, powerful and dynamic. It is an ideal tool for easy carrying and storage. The unique Flexible Extention Hex Shaft allows you to work in a narrow space.
- 【DURABLE AND EASY TO RECHARGE】Built-in 1300mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery power supply, long-lasting performance and long service life. It can accept a Type C USB charging cable, so you can plug it into any port to charge it anywhere.
- 【ALL MAGNETIC BITS AND BITS HOLDER 】28 bits and one bit holder are magnetic, which makes it easy to pick up the screws and prevent them from falling. It Comes with two Drill Bits and Bits extension holder for small drilling work and narrow space work.Highly Recommend Using an Extension Piece When Switching Between Different Because of Magnet Bit is Difficult to Remove If Use The Attachments Directly Into The Slot.
The electric cordless screwdriver set by Kiprim is the most versatile of all the products we’ve reviewed. Due to its design, it offers durability and more control in the user’s hand.
It has an adjustable torque setting, thus suitable for a wide range of tasks. The functional design makes it a compact, light, and powerful option for manual screwdrivers. Also, the Kiprim cordless screwdriver uses an anti-slip handle for a firm grip.
Similarly, the magnetic bit holder ensures that screws do not fall off when you pick them up. On the other hand, the two drill bits and an extension holder allow for working in extremely narrow spaces too.
This powerful tool comes with a lithium-ion battery for a long-lasting power supply. Furthermore, the screwdriver supports a type C USB cable, meaning you can even pair it with your laptop or car charger.
In addition, the Kiprim company provides a 24-month warranty and friendly customer service. The package contains the electric screwdriver, 28 magnetic bits, an extension holder, and a flexible extension hex shaft. Also included are a carry box, drill bits, a USB cable, and a user manual.
- Advanced charging options
- Excellent battery capacity
- Magnetic bit holder
- Anti-slip handle
- Extremely compact
- No LED lights
- Buttons may be too sensitive
POSENPRO Cordless Screwdriver
- 【✔】48 PC. SET- POSENPRO PCCS7.2B cordless screwdriver BMC SETS as well as a variety of bits and sockets in multiple sizes included, this set comes with everything you need to get to get the job done.
- 【✔】Replacement Battery:Equipped with 2PCS.7.2 Volt rechargeable lithium-ion battery with charger.Long-lasting so you can get the task or repair done faster.
- 【✔】Features LED work light front the handle. Allowing you to work even in a dark condition,you can also check the battery level via the battery power indicator on the top at any time.
- 【✔】Forward/reverse rotational switch to allow you to either tighten or loosen the screws; 6+1 Torque gears available to make screwdriving easier while saving time.
- 【✔】Compact yet powerful, features a swivel grip, which lets you easily change from the pistol grip to the straight, providing real flexibility on the job.
POSENPRO electric screwdriver uses a unique pistol grip which you can adjust up to 90 degrees as needed. This feature makes it usable for various tasks, including reaching screws in tight angles.
Also, the pistol grip is well designed, meaning you can easily direct this electric screwdriver. On this note, the study material allows proper manual control at all times.
The POSENPRO cordless screwdriver packs a powerful 7.2 Volt and 1500 mAh lithium-ion battery. In addition, it has an LED battery indicator to tell if you need to plug in your cordless screwdriver. There is also a front LED light for great practical use. Besides the excellent battery life, PosenPro cordless screwdrivers also come with a spare battery for more power.
This cordless screwdriver is a versatile power tool with multiple variable torque settings with forward and reverse rotations. Hence, it’s a design favouring efficiency. Plus, the POSENPRO electric screwdriver is light and compact despite the hefty pistol grip.
This unique power tool comes with up to 30 different driver bits that allow you to deal with various types of screw heads. If you seek a cordless screwdriver that is powerful and versatile for your DIY project, consider this item.
- Integrated LED lights
- Long battery life
- Fast and effective
- Swivel pistol grip
- Struggles with long screws
- Easy to toggle the forward/reverse switch by mistake
- 3-gear torque adjustment
- The reverse button makes it easier to disassemble and assemble
- Battery indicator button for low battery warning
- LED light great for dark areas
- A variety of accessories included to meet a variety of conditions
The WORX WX240 cordless screwdriver pen is one of the most compact electric screwdrivers available now. It is a lightweight solution for anything that may need fastening around the house or in your garage. Although it looks small, the WORX electric screwdriver features three pushbutton torque settings that deliver quite a punch.
The dual led lights and slim design means using the electric screwdriver in dark or narrow workspaces is no problem. In addition, it is portable enough to fit in your pocket, toolbox, drawer, etc.
The 1.5 mAh lithium-ion battery provides proper uptime, and you can charge it fully in about 90 minutes. Similarly, the package includes a USB-C charging cable, so you’ll have no trouble finding an outlet for more battery life.
WORX electric screwdriver has a magnetic holder and 12 hex-shanked Phillips and extension bits. These come packed in a stylish double clasp blow-moulded plastic case.
- Dual LED light
- USB-C for fast charging
- Multiple torque settings
- Efficient lithium-ion battery
- Lightweight design
- Buttons may be too sensitive
- No user manual
TOUGH MASTER Cordless Screwdriver
- Powerful Motor: The cordless electric screwdriver from TOUGH MASTER has a fantastic 3.6V motor, as well as an electric brake for quick start-and-stop functions. This helps to prevent improper use and decreases the risk of surface damage
- Multi-Speed: Make your usual, analog screwdriver a thing of the past with this cordless screwdriver's 3 speeds, including slow (4NM), medium (5NM) and fast (6NM). Having multiple speeds to choose from will improve your accuracy and allow for faster application of screws
- Professional 52 Bits: This cordless screwdriver comes with S2 bits which are manufactured from high-strength, heat-treated, S2 grade steel. Bits are shock and wear-resistant, and feature precision machined tips to provide an optimum fit
- High Torque Performance: This innovative screwdriver tool has an all-copper motor which allows 250rpm rotation speed and 6NM maximum torque, lowering energy comsumption and maintenance. Install wood, plastic, and metal components without the ache of strained wrists
- Magnetic Bit Holder: Thanks to the bit holder's magnetic feature, there's no longer a need for long pauses to mess around with drill bits. Increase your productivity today with TOUGH MASTER by easily inserting and removing your screwdriver bits
This power tool from TOUGH MASTER is one of the most popular and best cordless screwdrivers for electricians. It sports a durable build of hard plastic and a modern design for easy handling.
The TOUGH MASTER cordless screwdriver uses rechargeable batteries to power its efficient 3.6-volt motor. There is also an electric brake for quick start/stop functions to prevent improper usage.
TOUGH MASTER cordless screwdrivers have variable speed with adequate torque power for the slow, medium, and fast settings. Variable speed is essential for accuracy and speed during use in different situations and screw types. In addition,
TOUGH MASTER cordless screwdrivers have an all-copper motor, which allows up to 250 RPM. On a related note, the dual Built-in LED lights act as a battery fuel gauge and mini flashlight to work in dark spaces.
Cordless screwdrivers come with drill bits, and the TOUGH MASTER is no different. It comes with high strength, heat-treated, S2 grade bits that are resistant to wear and feature precision machined tips.
The TOUGH MASTER cordless screwdriver has excellent battery power and comes with a USB-C cable for quick charging. This power tool is an ideal cordless screwdriver for electricians, handymen, and DIY enthusiasts.
- Integrated LED light
- Variable speeds
- It comes with a USB-C cable
- Excellent value for money
- No pistol grip
- Holding case may be too delicate
Factors to Consider Before Choosing the Best Cordless Screwdriver
Choosing a cordless screwdriver for electricians or for your next home project requires some know-how. So, even if numerous brands compete in this field, finding the right tool for the job is vital. Hence, to quickly hone in on the best choices, follow these helpful tips.
Torque: The torque of an electric screwdriver is the tightening force that the screwdriver can produce. Most cordless screwdrivers indicate this force in Newton Meters (nm), beginning from about 3 nm. You can screw on harder surfaces, such as wood or metal, if the torque numbers are high. The best electric screwdrivers have torque between 3 and 6 nm, with some as high as 10 nm.
When choosing the best cordless screwdriver, look for those with at least 6 nm. This torque power is usually adequate for any DIY project.
Battery: Electric screwdrivers usually use a lithium-ion battery, which offers a reliable power source. These batteries have a lot of capacity, are light and durable, and you can charge them pretty quickly.
Therefore, before choosing a cordless screwdriver, check its charging capacity. In other words, look for the correct type of batteries. On this note, consider looking into models that feature two batteries instead of one. Most notably, if you intend to work in a space without power at that moment.
Weight: Premium quality electric screwdrivers come in various sizes and weights. However, if they are cordless, it is advisable to get the ones that are as light as possible. Furthermore, screwdrivers that use a brushless motor and lithium-ion batteries weigh even less.
There is no optimal weight for electric screwdrivers, but you should consider the weight scale before buying one. Some cordless screwdrivers may weigh as little as 300 grams, while others may weigh twice as much.
Getting screwdrivers with a suitable weight is essential, especially if you use them for long periods. Similarly, opt for a slimmer model when you need to work in hard-to-reach areas.
LED Light: The best electric screwdrivers come with LED lights for added convenience. Some will have front-facing LED lights to aid your work in dark spaces. Built-in LED light is also good for tracking battery power. To this end, some models’ LED lights may show the current level of the charge; others will instead show red light for a low battery.
Ergonomics: A functional design makes an electric screwdriver more efficient and easy to use. Some electric screwdrivers have a pen-shaped build with a straight barrel, so you can use them as you would a manual screwdriver.
However, some, like the PosenPro cordless screwdriver, have an adjustable two-position handle. You can use the handle like the straight barrel type or adjust it into a pistol grip. The pistol grip handles enable you to reach screws in awkward positions.
In addition to a functional design, aptly placed buttons are vital on an electric screwdriver. In choosing the best electric screwdrivers, ensure that the controls are well placed to reduce the chance of misuse. Power buttons, variable speed controls, and forward/reverse buttons must be well laid out on the tool.
Added Features: Other features, such as a flexible screw holder, are vital because they can rotate and help you reach tight spaces. Adjustable torque and speed settings can help with various screw types and surfaces. Hence, use this feature when dealing with wood, metal, or hard plastics.
Furthermore, electric screwdrivers may come with helpful accessories. Some standard screwdriver bits, bit extensions, drilling bits, and ratchets can come in handy if you know how to use them properly. In addition, a storage box may not be essential, but it is helpful to keep your power tools organised.
When shopping for cordless electric screwdrivers, look for those with helpful and valuable added features.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the best voltage for a rechargeable screwdriver?
The power in cordless screwdrivers is linked to the battery voltage. Voltages can go from 3.6 volts to as high as 18 volts for more powerful screwdrivers.
However, a small cordless screwdriver can make do with 3.6 volts to provide enough power. Adequate voltage allows batteries to last longer and reduce the need for frequent charging. Therefore, 3.6 volts may be sufficient, but the proper voltage for an electric screwdriver depends on your needs.
Are cordless screwdrivers worth the hype?
Cordless screwdrivers come in various shapes and sizes, with many features that make them worth having in your toolbox. As such, they’re the preferred choice nowadays.
Besides being less expensive than drills, they can handle various similar tasks and work as a cordless drill. Plus, the best electric screwdriver features compact designs for working in tight spaces.
How do I choose a cordless screwdriver?
There are various factors to consider when selecting the best electric screwdriver, one of which is why you need them. These power tools have features suited to different situations, such as industrial use or DIY at home.
Therefore, you want to choose these items based on the features that suit your unique needs. You should select a small cordless model if you need them for light duty around the house.
At the same time, consider the material of the surface in question. Hence, not all models use enough drill power to drive screws in sterner stuff. So, inspect this aspect in time.
Can I use a cordless screwdriver as a drill?
A cordless screwdriver may be used as a drill if it has multiple torque settings and displays a drill symbol. You can drill holes with such cordless screwdrivers, provided you have the correct drill bit.
However, you may be required to switch to drill mode or select the proper drill setting.
How long will the batteries of my cordless screwdriver last?
Power tools such as a rechargeable screwdriver use lithium-ion batteries that are usually efficient. The duration of a fully charged battery depends on the battery voltage and usage.
However, a fully charged battery can last for hours or more with moderate use. Also, most cordless screwdrivers come with a USB charger which you can plug into your laptop for quick charging. On this note, the batteries in your cordless screwdriver can last for many years before they need changing.
Are electric screwdrivers safe?
Although electric screwdrivers are generally safe, you should take a few precautions when using them. For example, it is advisable to buy from reputed dealers and follow the instructions manual.
In addition, you should use the recommended accessories, such as USB cable types or USB charging adaptors.
Cordless screwdrivers are an essential part of an electrician’s toolbox. Handymen and everyone who needs to change a screw or two will benefit from using these power tools. They are efficient, convenient, versatile, and easy to handle.
However, choosing the best cordless screwdrivers for electricians can present a dilemma. Several brands offer various features, sizes, and shapes that make them suitable for different situations.
Therefore, we have created this guide to group their highlights and allow quick selection. At the same time, we ensured to cover various models that excel in more than one aspect. Finally, the asking price was another pivotal factor we kept in mind.